Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bloom's Taxonomy for SMARTboard

This is probably one of my favorite pages in my Jan.-May Ultimate Morning Calendar file that I've recently posted. It's been stressed over and over with common core standards to use higher order thinking in your classroom and Bloom's Taxonomy is a great way to do that! Being a Kindergarten teacher, I had to find a fun way though to do this. After reading a story, a student can go spin the spinner on the SMARTboard, which has each level of Bloom's listed on it, to determine which color of flower to choose for their question. Each flower reveals a question or question starter that is easy for the teacher to adapt and fit the story that was just read. My students LOVE this! Anyway, for those that would want just this page and not the whole Morning Calendar file, I have posted it as a single page product now:)

Check it out HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment