Thursday, April 30, 2015

Plants and Insects

We've just finished our study on plants and insects. We began both with a schema chart. (I love doing these because it gives me guidance on what the majority of them already know.)
You see my sensory table became a "garden center" for a few weeks. It is full of insects and a butterfly matching game. The Easter grass was messy though! 
I also hung up a couple different pocket charts. One is mainly for some vocabulary and the other is a word family sorting game. The butterfly cards have staples on them and I used my net from a puzzle I have to "catch" the butterflies. (The net has a magnet on the end.)

Thanks to my co-teacher for bringing me over some goodies for my kiddos to create and eat their own insects.





We planted our own seeds and made our sprout houses. (Free in my TPT store)

These are simply a few seeds of your choice and a paper towel in a zip-lock baggie. Make sure that when you wet the paper towel, you wring it out really well or you'll get too much moisture and moldy seeds. I speak from experience.

We labeled flowers and threw in an Earth Day project too!



Well, this is just a small portion of all the fun activities that we've been doing. Next up...........OCEAN!! Would you like a sample of my new ocean bundle?

Here's an "Add the Room" for you! Hang the cards around the room and your students will need to find the matching ocean animal to write and solve the addition problem on their recording sheet. I hope your kiddos enjoy it! Click on the pic.







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your freebie at Teaching Blog Addict, Jamie. You have so many cute ideas in this post!
    Have a great weekend!
    Linda at Primary Inspiration

    ReplyDelete