Saturday, April 4, 2015

Weather

This week has been all about WEATHER! I really enjoy teaching this theme with Kinders. We began by exploring what meteorologists do. I made this cute little anchor chart.

Thanks to 
for the idea.

I made the weather words chart too!

Thanks to 
for the idea!

We studied the water cycle. 

Thanks to 
for the printables.

We LOVED the water cycle song from "Have Fun Teaching"!



The magic school bus has a good video about the water cycle also.


We studied clouds.

Thanks to Miss DeCarbo's Weather Unit on TPT for the cloud idea.

We studied wind. We tested different objects by first predicting which would move with the air from the fan. My favorite book to read when learning about wind is Vicki Cobb's "I Face the Wind".

Lastly, we studied tornadoes. With us being smack in middle of tornado alley and in tornado season right now, I find it a necessity to discuss tornadoes and how to stay safe. I found this video on youtube and it had their attention the whole time. I found the second video to give a visual of how to take cover.




It really was a fun week, now on to DINOSAURS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment