Wednesday, June 24, 2015

More classroom projects

First project - I'm sure that many of you have seen this trick and are thinking duh, but humor me anyway. I hate the wall hangings that have the double hooks and I remembered seeing a trick to use so that you don't have to measure or level. It worked great! Tear off a piece of painters tape that is exactly the length you need from one hook to the next. Then place that piece of tape on the wall. Stick your command hooks right on each end and voila!

Second project - I've been using this version of Whole Brain Teaching scoreboard for 2 years now and LOVE it! I needed some new gems for my points. Just hot glued some magnets to the backs of these and ready to go. Make sure your magnets are strong enough to hold them on your ten frame. My ten frames are card stock and thick laminate and some of the magnets would tend to slide.


Third Project - I've already shown you the board, but didn't really address the technique used for the border. It's super cheap (FREE! You know that roll of paper all workrooms have) and super easy. Simply cut your strips of paper into whatever size you want. I think mine were around 4-5 inches wide. I accordion folded them. (Make sure you fold several together at one time to save a lot of time!) Next, simply wad up like you're going to throw it away. Unwad (is that a word) it and start scrunching and stapling. 




1 comment:

  1. I love that idea for the border! Thanks for sharing! Hope you come and join our Kindergarten Teachers who Blog FB group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/560603550667520/

    ReplyDelete