Friday, August 1, 2014

Back to School Math Center Games and Freebie Friday!!

We know in Kindergarten how important it is that students spend some time during the beginning of a new school year just exploring different manipulatives on their own. It's interesting to observe if they're sorting them, building in patterns, counting with them, or none of the above. Once they've been given free exploration time, then it's time to add some simple activities that do not require a whole lot of explanation, but do require a specific task. These simple math center games are perfect for this transition time. The students will use Unifix cubes, links, flat glass beads, clothespins, and even rocks as manipulatives!
Click on pic.


Now, on to the FREEBIE! Another classroom issue that must be prepared for........."I'm done, now what can I do????" What do you do with those Fast Finishers? Well, for the last 2 years I've used a system in which I post a "Fast Finishers" Poster on my board and I'll provide their options of activities to do under this header. This may have the same activities for weeks or I may choose to change things up often. It's up to you! 
Click on pic to get yours FREE!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie - I came across your blog via the linky and then on to your TpT store - where I have to confess I have been downloading a number of your freebies. Just wanted to say a big thank you here as well as the feedback I've left on your store - it is always nice to find other teachers who are willing to create and share freely with others as so many of us are on such a tight or as in my case non-existent budgets for getting extra classroom activities for their students. Please feel free to come over and check out the additional freebies I've posted on my blog as well as my TpT store. Lovely to meet you :-) Special Teaching at Pempi's Palace

    ReplyDelete